Sunday, April 6, 2014

Zaazauummm: Zazie's

Spring Break x Friday Off x Sunny San Francisco. Sounds like a hot combo for some...brunch! I love brunch and exploring brunch places. Having a Friday together finally hit the spot at Zazie. Arrived around 1 and only waited about 15 minutes, maybe even less! I know definitely on the weekend to score a table would at least be an hour.

BUT here's a secret I didn't discover on Yelp: The two tables out front, right there as you walk by. First Come First Serve. No need to wait for those!

But on to the food!

Instagram: @yeahhserenaa



Top: New York Scramble - wild smoked salmon, green onions & cream cheese. Although my boyfriend got cream cheese on the side. Comes with toast and "fries" (aka grilled potatoes of course!) 

zazie, brunch, sf brunch, mimosa, sf mimos, hayes valley

Bottom: Albert Egg Benedict - bacon, white cheddar, and homemade salsa fresca

zazie, brunch, sf brunch, mimosa, sf mimos, hayes valley



zazie, brunch, sf brunch, mimosa, sf mimos, hayes valley

Ohhhh my, and what is this? The French Toast Tahiti. Described as "Pinkie's challah stuffed with caramelized bananas and walnuts". Umm..definitely delicious! The sweetness was definitely not overwhelming and the toast itself was not dry. I've had other French toast that were delicious, but this is the moistest French toast I've tasted. The banana was a nice touch - not too sweet and not too mushy.

One of my egg benedicts on the hand seemed a tad over cooked. The first one I had the yolk was basically cooked - which to my surprise I like better. The English muffic was the right amount of toast, easy to eat, not mushy and not too hard. The grilled potatoes was nothing special however - just plain old potatoes and I'll try the salad next time instead. Didn't leave a savory taste unlike other grilled potatoes (Crepevine anyone?!). Other than that, I really enjoyed Zazie's!

Oh yes, those glasses are indeed mimosas! One is the Zazie (regular mimosa) and I had the Magic Mimosa which I can quite remember what it is but I think it's white peach sorbet with lavender (syrup?). Well whatever I had was sure magical alright!

Well, out of all the brunch places I had tried (Mama's, Art's Cafe, Crepevine, Kitchen Story, Sweet Maple to name a few), I believe this places hits top 4!

Their dinner menu is on my list of places to eat :)



Zazie
941 Cole Street
San Francisco, CA 94117

website: http://www.zaziesf.com/index
Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/zazie-san-francisco


Have you tried this place already? Let me know below what you thought & where I should eat next!
And follow me on Instagram & Twitter to see where I'll be eating next.

No comments:

Post a Comment