Thursday, April 17, 2014

Oh Joy Oh Joy Oh Joy Sushi

No seriously - OH JOY. I LOVE sushi. I don't know why or what happen, but suddenly the past few months I've wanted nothing but sushi. I thought Joy Sushi was so good it would end my cravings. But nope, I still want sushi!





Let's just say, that's not alllllll the sushi. I love hamachi (yellowtail). Most hamachi rolls i get are quite small so when I saw this hamachi roll - you can only imagine how big my eyes got! So worth it, I would say each piece was about the size of a quarter, if not bigger.


joy sushi, san mateo sushi, sushi, san francisco sushi

See that roll with the missing piece? That's the salmon paradise - "Deep-fried salmon, crab meat, and cucumber topped with fresh salmon and Joy sauce." - bomb.


joy sushi, san mateo sushi, sushi, san francisco sushi

Those other two large rolls? I can't remember what they were but let's just say they were simply delicious.

Considering the price, which is price reasonably (your typical sushi price) and the size of the portion (uh, quite large!) you get more for your money here. I'm dying to come back here and try more rolls. Everything was just big! Compare to the rolls I'm so use too, these rolls are almost twice the size of the rolls of sushi places I have been too. The place is quite big as well, a nice mezzanine, good lighting, and comfortable.

Travel: The only issue is coming from San Francisco, this place is quite a trip out to get too but definitely worth it.

Parking: Well Downtown San Mateo and all it's food location, parking can be a bit of a trouble - but only a bit. There's street parking and a parking lot and DSM is definitely packed for dinner time. But it's really not that bad.

Wait time: I don't remember how long we waited but it was not bad at all! I believe because there was two of us, of course, the waiting time was probably 10 minutes max.



Joy Sushi
30 S B St
San Mateo, CA 94401
(They have two locations!)

website: http://joysushi.org/
Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/joy-sushi-san-mateo


Have you tried this place already? Let me know below what you thought & where I should eat next!
And follow me on Instagram & Twitter to see where I'll be eating next.

No comments:

Post a Comment