Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Kitcho: Buy A Boat, Please?

Did I mention I love SUSHI?! Well I've been to Kitcho. 3 times. In 3 weeks. And every single time I get their BOAT - 20 piece sashimi, 10 piece nigiri, 4 oysters, and some specialty roll - I've had California roll twice and spicy tuna once. I just can't get over it! Originally priced at $88 (I think), they have a special price currently going for $50. And if you can, there's Groupon $15 for $30 - you can't use it on the boat - but you can get other goodies. Like their oysters. Or their live uni. Or their delicious sea bass. Hungry yet?! Cause I sure am...

uni, sushi, kitcho


This above is the specialty oysters. Can't remember the name I know you'll know when you see the name. Has oyster, quail egg, and uni. Absolutely delicious.

sushi, kitcho, oysters, san mateo

This above is just a regular dozen oysters. they were good - but they were small. I would say save your money for a place that really specializes in regular ol' oysters. Unless you're reallllly craving oysters I'd say these aren't a bad way to satisfy your cravings.



kitcho, uni, live uni, san mateo sushi


Now the LIVE uni. Yes LIVE. When you touch the spikes, they move back. You sure can really smell the freshness of uni. Let me warn you, if you're about to embark your first adventure to the sea world, you may not like uni. Uni is an acquired taste. I remember when I first tried uni - let me tell you: YUCK. But I kept eating it, and eating it..and eating it. Now I actually don't mind uni. If uni is there, I'll totally eat it. For first timers, prepare to sink in the salty ocean as if you accidentally swallowed some ocean water while at the beach - I do not lie.



sushi boat, san mateo sushi, sashimi, sashimi boat

Last but not least. The Famous Sushi Boat! Comes with salmon, tuna, red snapper, hamachi (yellowtail), and I'm not sure about the last one - I just eat it :) Oysters to the left, specialty roll (varies each time) on the right, and 10 piece nigiri on the bottom with one uni roll. Really fresh, full of flavor, really delicious. Warning: nigiri pieces has wasabi under the sashimi between the rice.

 Instagram: @yeahhserenaa

uni, live uni, san mateo sushi, kitco

Here are just a few more pictures from dinner - Live Uni, Sushi Boat, Specialty Oysters :)


Service is GREAT. I've had Mann three times - she's amazing, nice, and she'll drink with you (sake bomb anyone?!). The place is also huge, when you walk in it looks small but there's a bigger room in the back.


I've also had hamachi kama (cooked yellowtail), delicious cooked sea bass, takoyaki (baked octopus balls), miso scallops, couple of their skewers, and the unagi fried rice (BOMB).


Their miso seabass and unagi fried rice and delicious additionals to your dinner. However, in terms of their specialty rolls - everytime I've been here I haven't really find their sushi specialty rolls too eye catching. I'll read it a few times but never know roll really catches my eye. Let me know if you've ever had their rolls and which is your favorite though! It'll definitely help the next time I go back :)



Next place: Sam's Sushi (also in San Mateo). I've heard from two fellow Japanese family this is THE place to go. So I'm pretty excited to check this place out.


Kitcho
204 A 2nd Ave
San Mateo, CA 94401
(650) 348-6388


website: http://www.kitchosm.com/

Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/kitcho-japanese-restaurant-san-mateo


Have you tried this place already? Let me know below what you thought & where I should eat next!
And follow me on Instagram & Twitter to see where I'll be eating next.

No comments:

Post a Comment