Friday, August 8, 2014

Foreign Cinema.

Be right back while I go eat at Foreign Cinema again. Just kidding - sort of.

This is how the blog is going to go. I'm going to go straight into it and talk about the food. Than I'll talk about the ambiance and restaurant feel (you definitely don't want to miss this part) and tips about how to enjoy your experience here (and how to watch that movie).

So let me tell you about the amazing food I had here - or did I just tell you already? It's amazing! Every bite I inhaled was like a - dear I say it - orgasm in my mouth.

Sorry (I'm not sorry) my picture's are blurry. But yes I was just that excited to eat.

foreign cinema, foreign cinema dinner, foreign cinema brunch, mission street, san francisco dinner, dinner, sf, mission street food, salmon



Now as I tell you what were on our massive plates, I have to admit I can't remember the name and all the fancy ingredients. And they change up the menu depending on the season but you can check out their menu here before you go to see what's cooking.

What you see above is their salmon dish. Cuts like butter. Really the best salmon I've ever had, not too fishy but you can definitely taste the savory salmon with each bite.

What you see below is the tri-tip steak. Again - amazing. Some places tend to be too chewy or overcooked. This steak was a perfect medium rare combo and easy to chew as you savor the juicy steak flavor.
foreign cinema, foreign cinema dinner, foreign cinema brunch, mission street, san francisco dinner, dinner, sf, mission street food, steak

Below is my dish. Behold their pork chop dish. I normally don't go for pork chop as my first pick but I didn't want to get the same dish as my girlfriends, especially because this was a nice dinner. (And I mean fancy.)

foreign cinema, foreign cinema dinner, foreign cinema brunch, mission street, san francisco dinner, dinner, sf, mission street food, pork chop

Some alcohol refreshers! That metal straw though. Not sure what this drink was called, but it was fruity and one of their popular drinks. Definitely stirring in that mint leave added quite the touch to the drink.

foreign cinema, foreign cinema dinner, foreign cinema brunch, mission street, san francisco dinner, dinner, sf, mission street food,foreign cinema, foreign cinema dinner, foreign cinema brunch, mission street, san francisco dinner, dinner, sf, mission street food,

This is what the inside looks like. But the outside. Oh my goodness - gorgeous! I'll talk about the ambiance and space later, just keep reading!


foreign cinema, foreign cinema dinner, foreign cinema brunch, mission street, san francisco dinner, dinner, sf, mission street food

A peek into the outside. Oh so jealous of everyone out there.


foreign cinema, foreign cinema dinner, foreign cinema brunch, mission street, san francisco dinner, dinner, sf, mission street food

So now - tips, trick, restaurant ambiance and more.

Here's the background. We were here celebrating my girlfriend's 23rd birthday! (Woohoo Richelle!)


Definitely make RESERVATIONS! Especially if you want the outside seating. I made reservations a week prior and didn't know outside seating were booked up to about two weeks in advance. Yes, about two weeks. Outside is gorgeous setting, with twinkling lights and when you catch the right timing a movie plays. (Here's their movie schedule!) Don't get me wrong, you open the door and walk down a red carpet, then greeted by host, and you see the beautiful inside - but I'm still jealous of everyone who got to sit outside!

I'm definitely aiming to try here for brunch and I'm dying to come back!

Transportation: We took the J church and walked about 3 blocks. You can definitely drive here though. There's a few parking garage, meter parking, and residential parking.
Wait time: Again, we made reservations so not sure about wait timing, but definitely if you want outside seating I suggest making reservations.




Foreign Cinema
2534 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94110

website: http://www.foreigncinema.com/
Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/foreign-cinema-san-francisco


Have you tried this place yet? Let me know what you though in the comments below! And if you have any brunch suggestions :)

And follow me on Instagram & Twitter to see where I'll be eating next.

No comments:

Post a Comment